Highlighted

Keyword phrases don’t stay intact

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has always happened when creating keyword phrases with all versions of LR Classic and all OS versions.

When I type a keyword phrase followed by a comma and hit enter, the phrase breaks into its individual words. Empire State Building becomes Building, Empire, State. However, when I put quote marks around the phrase, it remains intact.

This is a now a big problem because I have a project involving long keyword lists with phrases created outside of LR that I need to copy and paste into LR.

Now using LR Classic 9.4 and Mac Catalina 10.15.4

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyword phrases don’t stay intact

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has always happened when creating keyword phrases with all versions of LR Classic and all OS versions.

When I type a keyword phrase followed by a comma and hit enter, the phrase breaks into its individual words. Empire State Building becomes Building, Empire, State. However, when I put quote marks around the phrase, it remains intact.

This is a now a big problem because I have a project involving long keyword lists with phrases created outside of LR that I need to copy and paste into LR.

Now using LR Classic 9.4 and Mac Catalina 10.15.4

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is helpful but when you add quotes when keywording you are nesting:

Put Inside "[keyword]"

(Available if an existing keyword is selected when you create a keyword) Nests the new keyword under the selected keyword so that it is contained by the higher-level keyword.

You'll find the full explanation here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/keywords.html

And this may be helpful too... https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/03/working-with-keywords-in-lightroom-classic.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing/flushing the keyword list? It is auto typing previous keywords. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It isn't autotyping. It will happen if I type a phrase consisting of keywords I haven't used before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cmgap LATEST
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you screen record adding a keyword phrase? At the very least can you post a screen shot of the "Keyword Set" dropdown menu? I've changed every setting to try to make Lr separate key phrases into separate words and can't make it happen. You could try to Restore Default Presets to see if that will clear any settings that are making phrases separate into single words separated by a comma.

cmgap_0-1598014504694.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about copy and paste of lists, but if I type a keyword phrase, then that phrase remains intact. I use lots of keywords that contain multiple words.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>When I type a keyword phrase followed by a comma and hit enter, the phrase breaks into its individual words. Empire State Building becomes Building, Empire, State.

Using above example from OP, the original phrase is retained. I see no  evidence that the phase has been split into individual keywords. Also, and like Johan, I have been using multi word keywords since it was possible to add keywords.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, did you misread my post?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having that prroblem.

If I give a image say

Yosemite National Park

That is exactly what I get, not National, Park, Yosemite

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try giving an image a new keyword phrase involving words never ever used in any catalog on your computer, just make something up, does the issue repeat?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn't make a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines