• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword Search

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have assigned numerous keywords to my photos.

But now I want to only search for two keywords and no others.

For example:

Picture A has keywords - (1) Color (2) Italy (3) Tony (4) Water

Picture B has keywords - (1) Color (2) Rome (3) Joe (4) Water

Picture C has keywords - (1) Color (2) Milan (3) Tina (4) Land

Picture D has keywords - (1) Color (2) Milan

I want to perform a search for (1) Color and (2) Milan and only get back Picture D.

Not return Picture C and D.

Please help.

Thanks

Leon

I want the results to only be Picture D

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

As far as I know, there is not a way to do this in Lightroom Classic, the problem being the part where you want "and no others". In this simple example, you can use the ! to prevent the Filter Bar from finding other keywords, for example in the Filter Bar click on text and select keywords from the dropdown and type in:

color milan !tina !land

but that's not going to work in more complicated real-world situations where you have dozens or hundreds of keywords.

While this might be possible with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

I replied to Leon privately with more detail, but for future readers, here's the Any Filter query that shows photos with Color and Milan but no other keywords:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is not a way to do this in Lightroom Classic, the problem being the part where you want "and no others". In this simple example, you can use the ! to prevent the Filter Bar from finding other keywords, for example in the Filter Bar click on text and select keywords from the dropdown and type in:

color milan !tina !land

but that's not going to work in more complicated real-world situations where you have dozens or hundreds of keywords.

While this might be possible with the AnyFilter plug-in from @johnrellis , I don't really know for sure and I leave it up to you to figure out if that is possible. This plug-in is free to try for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to Leon privately with more detail, but for future readers, here's the Any Filter query that shows photos with Color and Milan but no other keywords:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will D/L and try and provide feedback when complete. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works great ... thanks!! Purchased license and am using on my collections now! Awesome tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ...you are correct ... I have numerous tags and the "!" solution would not be feasible. I am going to try using the AnyFilter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines