Highlighted

Keyword tags not syncing with Lightroom for mobile

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CC subscription, with Lightroom Classic on my desktop (Windows 10) and the Lightroom app on my phone/ iPad.  It works brilliantly BUT keyword tags don't synch between the desktop and the app.  Everything else does - including metadata changes such as title or copyright - but keywords entered on the desktop don't appear in the app and vice versa.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyword tags not syncing with Lightroom for mobile

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CC subscription, with Lightroom Classic on my desktop (Windows 10) and the Lightroom app on my phone/ iPad.  It works brilliantly BUT keyword tags don't synch between the desktop and the app.  Everything else does - including metadata changes such as title or copyright - but keywords entered on the desktop don't appear in the app and vice versa.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Unfortunately, syncing keywords between Classic and Lightroom for mobile and vice versa is not supported. 

Lightroom for the desktop and mobile apps don't support hierarchical keywords whereas Lr Classic does. This may seem like something that can be overcome, but apparently it wasn't deemed to be a priority.

In certain conditions, keywords entered in Classic will be available in Mobile. This is accidental, and only occurs if before syncing the photos you did a Metadata > Save Metadata and those photos didn't have smart previews at that time. To deliberately send keywords to Mobile, don't sync the photos and don't generate smart previews until you have entered keywords in Classic and done a Metadata > Save Metadata. Now sync the photos and the keywords should appear in Mobile. This is a one time thing and any further keyword changes won't sync.

You can add your vote to an ongoing feature request for this here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/keyword-bug This forum is directly monitored by our developers and they might look into the feedback.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that very helpful answer.

Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much happening in that forum or not any update 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0