• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywording Multiple Images Problem. Library Module, Grid View

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem keywording multiple images.  

I am in the Library Module, in Grid View.

There are two levels of highlighting photos.    I'll call them highlighted and highlighted bright.     When selecting multiple photos, using either Control or Shift, the first one selected becomes bright, and the rest merely highlighted.    Usually my keyword is only getting applied to the brightly highlighted,  rather than all the highlighted.

I have tried entering:

- in the keyword in the big entry box, after a comma

- in the one line keyword box

- by selecting it from the Keyword Suggestion area

- by selecting it from the Keyword List

I'm having the same issue trying to delete keywords also.

Nothing works as expected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Turn on "Auto Sync" (button at bottom right of screen in Library)

This mode tells Lightroom to apply any changes made here, to the most-selected image, to other highlighted images also.

There is another (independent) Auto Sync button available in Develop, doing much the same thing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on "Auto Sync" (button at bottom right of screen in Library)

This mode tells Lightroom to apply any changes made here, to the most-selected image, to other highlighted images also.

There is another (independent) Auto Sync button available in Develop, doing much the same thing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync did it.    Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But something is wrong here. I can add keywords and other metadata to multiple photos, without turning Auto Sync on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Tom is getting confused by the difference between Grid view and Loupe view.  In Grid view, metadata changes affect all the selected photos; in Loupe view, changes affect just the most-selected photo (unless auto sync is turned on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Auto Sync has in fact made a difference for the OP, then (in latest software) that must I suppose relate to Loupe view.

However, older versions of LR did work differently in some respects.

For one thing, whether in Grid mode images were being highlighted in the main area, or in the Filmstrip, achieved different results so far as applying change across those images.

Since the OP did not state any particular LR version, an assumption of Loupe view cannot be certain IMO - besides that the original question did make particular mention of Grid view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines