• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords from imported list not searchable

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fellow photographer and I work together often and she has created an amazing hierarchical keyword list. I have never used keywords before so am starting from scratch. She has given me her list and I have successfully imported it and started tagging. For example below it is something like this:

-WHERE

--Americas

---Argentina

----Buenos Aires

----Ushuaia

----Tierra Del Fuego NP

--Brazil

---Rio etc etc

Now, her list never included Tierra Del Fuego NP in it as she has never visited there, it's a new location i created and added into the hierarchy. When I search for Ushuaia all images come up as expected, when I search for Argentina, *only* the images tagged Tierra Del Fuego appear. Noting shows up if i search Americas. As an experiment I dragged Ushuaia out of Argentina, into Brazil and then back into Argentina again and it suddenly starts showing up.

Tags on individual images look correct as far as I can see.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.10.58.pngScreenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.10.52.pngScreenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.11.17.pngScreenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.11.08.png

But for example when i look at the Falklands - Grave Cove is my new tag - you can see that there are also 70 images under New Island - but in the keyword column on the right they're not recognised until I drag in and out of somwhere else.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.29.21.png

There are thousands upon thousands of keywords in this list and the nesting is amazing - which is why I very much don't want to start from scratch - am I msising something that means that only newly created entries show up on search when searching for something up the hierarchy? Is this a bug? I'm on a new M1 mac running Big Sur if that makes any difference at all?

I don't want to continue tagging if it's in vain and would love inpu or fix suggestions. I have tried restarting lightroom and that has no impact. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?