• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords LR and smart folder Mac

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to make a smart folder on my mac (latest osx) with a specific keyword that I attached in LR. Somehow the smart folder only displays a few images with the specific keyword but not all of them. I made sure I attached the same keyword to more images. Can someone please help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Folder? Do you mean Smart Collection?

1. For the Smart Collection, list your rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. What Filters are applied?

Full screenshot would help

Do not use attachment, use insert photoDo not use attachment, use insert photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. What i mean is that i would like to create a smart folder on my mac outside LR (not a smart collection within LR) and use the keywords that are attached in LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the files that do not display be 'raw'?

(In Windows) Saving Keywords to raw files [Ctrl+S] in Lr-Classic creates a separate XMP file with this metadata.

In Windows File Explorer the raw file does not show a 'Tag' (Keyword) in File Properties.

If this were the same in a Mac, the Smart Folder may not detect any Keywords in raw files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

To build on WobertC's reply:

1. Finder can't see LR catalog metadata unless you've written it back to the photo files. Make sure you've selected all the photos and done Metadata > Save Metadata To File, or better, check the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP. 

2. Finder doesn't know that .xmp sidecars, which store the metadata for raws, are associated with their corresponding raws. It will search the sidecars' text contents, though it doesn't understand the industry metadata standards and how keywords get stored in particular fields within the sidecars.  So if you want to search both non-raws (JPEGs, TIFFs, PSDs) and raws' sidecars for a keyword, you'd have to do something like this:

Untitled.png

That second criterion, "Contents contains zzyyxx", will match any kind of file containing "zzyyxx", so if necessary, you could further refine the criteria to restrict it just to .xmp sidecars.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines