Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords of pictures on Book

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am for the first time trying to make a Book on Lightroom. I have already started organizing it. I now want to add Photo Text. Is there a way to see the Keywords and copy paste them onto the photo text on the book? I do not even see it anywhere when looking at the Book and I do not find a way to copy the text from the library. It would take me much less time if that was possible. 
Many thanks in advance for your input, 
Best regards, 
Kevin 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

It is possible without having to add the KWs to other fields.

1. Select a Photo cell on a page of the book

2. Check the box for [Photo Text] option

3. Click on the Preset drop-down menu for Photo Text, to [Edit...]  a photo text preset

ScreenShot325.jpg

4. Select "Keywords" from the 'IPTC DATA' metadata options-

5. Save the Preset, for future use.

ScreenShot274.jpg

ScreenShot235.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a way to see the Keywords and copy paste them onto the photo text on the book?"

Not easily.  Some suggestions: In Library, select the book collection, and then copy the keywords from the Keywording panel into the Title or Caption of the desired photos. Then in the Book module, set the option Book > Book Preferences > Fill Text Boxes With to either Title or Caption:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-photo-book.html

If you don't want to change the Title or Caption of the original photos, then make virtual copies to be placed in the book, and change the Title or Caption of those virtual copies.

You could use the Search Replace Transfer plugin to copy the keywords to the Title or Caption field for a batch of photos all at once.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible without having to add the KWs to other fields.

1. Select a Photo cell on a page of the book

2. Check the box for [Photo Text] option

3. Click on the Preset drop-down menu for Photo Text, to [Edit...]  a photo text preset

ScreenShot325.jpg

4. Select "Keywords" from the 'IPTC DATA' metadata options-

5. Save the Preset, for future use.

ScreenShot274.jpg

ScreenShot235.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines