Highlighted

Keywords on exported images

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the help sections and have been unable to find this answer. When I modify an image and then export it in Lightroom 5, is there a way to ensure the same keywords on the original image are attached to the exported image? 

Thanks for the help!

This should happen by default. If it is not happening, there is an option set in the Export dialog box which needs to be changed. I am not at my computer right now, but I believe it says something like "Minimize Metadata". this option should be UNchecked.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keywords on exported images

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the help sections and have been unable to find this answer. When I modify an image and then export it in Lightroom 5, is there a way to ensure the same keywords on the original image are attached to the exported image? 

Thanks for the help!

This should happen by default. If it is not happening, there is an option set in the Export dialog box which needs to be changed. I am not at my computer right now, but I believe it says something like "Minimize Metadata". this option should be UNchecked.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I knew this had to be a simple fix. What I found under the Metadata tab in Export is the option to include "all metadata" and then checked the box underneath which is "write keywords as LR heirarchy."  I'm not sure what "LR heirarchy" means but I did a test and it worked. Again...thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hieracrchy is sometimes referred to as nested keywords. See attached screenshot

Untitled-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines