• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords on photos edited in Photoshop from Lightroom removed from keyword hierarchy

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this question on Saturday, but can't find it? When I use "Edit in" to take a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop, the photo returns to Lightroom with the keyword not under its proper place in the hierarchy, but as an individual keyword. So I have to add it back to its proper mother keyword, and then delete the orphaned keyword. Belowis my keywork list with the main categories in all caps. The random subcategores that are not capitalized (Like "blackbear" which should be in the ANIMALS main file) are the ones that have been edited in Photoshop and are returned to Lightroom not under the main keyword.  Help!

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.09.16 PM.PNG

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenclips can be very helpful in arriving at a diagnosis, so can you also post screenclips of the Keyword List panel-

With the expanded _ANIMALS heirarchy showing the sub-keywords.

1)  With the Original "blackbear" photo selected in the Grid-

2)  With the derivative Ps editied photo selected-

The screen-clip you provided above only indicates a photo with Keywords in {National Parks}, {Seasons}, and {Weather}. Nothing about {blackbears}.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps use 'Save as' in Photoshop to give the image another name? Lightroom expects the image to return with the same name, and so you must use 'Save', not 'Save as'. In the past, using 'Save as' would simply not return the image to Lightroom at all, but that has now changed. Now the image does return to Photoshop in that case, but it might be handled as a newly imported image and if you import an image with embedded keywords then this may happen because the embedded keywords do not have the Lightroom hierarchy.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan: Thank you and sorry, I was not aware you had replied. I just hit 'Save' when exiting Photoshop. The same thing hapens to keywords when I edit it Topaz from Lightroom 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just tested this - running LrC 9.3 with Ps 21.2.1 on Windows 10. 

Keyword hierarchy seems to round-trip OK for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines