• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

L/R can't see images on C drive in pictures folder

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I store my edited images (tiffs or jpegs) on my C drive in the pictures folder. Split into sub folders and sub sub folders.

Occasionally I need to re-visit these to re-edit.

Up until recently, I just clicked library then import then pictures and then all the sub folders would show and I could click the  individual image that I needed. But now when I click the pictures folder it says no images. Oddly I can still access them in Photoshop and they are all there in windows file manager.

Any suggestions as to how to solve this please.

Thanks

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on "Include Subfolders".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I already did that and it doesn't work.

I have discovered that the reason is that LR is storing all these images in OneDrive.

Even though I click on c drive when exporting it puts them into OneDrive.

They are there in OneDrive and LR will open them.

So is it a computer management problem?

I am using a Dell XPS laptop.

P.S. In Photoshop the file structure shows and opens these images in C drive. It appears Lightroom won't recognise the images in the C files, but Photoshop will? It always did in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have discovered that the reason is that LR is storing all these images in OneDrive."

Well, I wouldn't phrase it that way. I would say that YOU are instructing Lightroom to export to OneDrive. Lightroom doesn't do this by itself. But ... it should be easy for you to move the photos to somewhere else, if that's what you want.

A better solution is not to export photos and then import them later. If they are visible in Lightroom's Library Module, and you don't remove them from Lightroom, then if you ever want to edit the photos more, you don't have to import the exported photos, you just go into the Library Module, find the photo and then edit it in the Develop Module, not importing needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

I do instruct LR to store in in the C drive and not OneDrive but I can't stop it doing this.

In Photoshop the file structure shows and opens these images in C drive. It appears Lightroom won't recognise the images in the C files, but Photoshop will? It always did in the past.

I mail these images a client. Can I do this direct from the Library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe this if you want to turn Onedrive off - I hate cloud stuff on by default....

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 12.32.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines