• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag in using brushes

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a little lag when I am using an adjustment brush etc with Lightroom Classic CC. Have 16 GB RAM and a i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHz quad core processor and a Radeon HD R9 270 graphics processor for a 4K monitor. Would moving to a SSD for main memory or increasing the RAM to 32GB be the most effective in eliminating lag? Or something else.

It isn't terrible but having it instantaneous would be preferred.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Preferences> Performance try setting 'Use Graphics Processor to Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I now see many have complained and this is a continuing problem in Photoshop and increasing my computer's ability won't overcome a problem in the app.

The main reason I got the high powereed graphics card was for PS and the 4K monitor. Now using LR far more than PS. Editing 45mp images. Turning it off just seems wrong on a gut level. Not saying you are wrong at all, just disappointing to turn off the card I bought to power the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If using a Windows desktop try updating the graphics driver to see if that improves performance.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines