• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag while launching Lightroom Classic

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've noticed that the last one or two versions of LR Classic are VERY slow to load. Before, LR would scan my drives rather quickly, then show me the directory listings in the Library. Nowadays, each catalog I have loads very slowly and if I click my mouse anywhere before the initial splash screen disappears, LR becomes unstable and reports a "LR has stopped responding...". This usually resolves itself after 30 seconds to a minute which is way too slow compared with every other Adobe software.

I'm running the current version on Windows 10.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We apologize for the high load times you are facing with Lightroom Classic.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you are currently using by going to the Help menu > System info? Also, how big are the catalogs that you are opening with Lightroom (approximately how many images)?

Please perform the steps mentioned below and to check if it helps with the performance.

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and increase the Camera Raw Cache size to 10.0GB or more.
  2. On the same tab, check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image editing and uncheck the option to Generate Previews in Parallel.
  3. On the Performance tab itself, select off from the drop down for Use Graphic Processor
  4. Go to the General tab and check the box to Replace Embedded previews by standard previews during idle time.

clipboard_image_0.png

Once you have made the above-mentioned changes, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic prior to testing the application.

You can also check the below mentioned link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines