• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lagging Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys i have lightroom on 2 different systems. 1 on simple laptop windows 10, 8gb ram, gtx 1050 and it works like a charm. Recently I installed it on my new PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 167gb of ram, rx 580, windows 10 64bit. And it's extremely laggy. Tried a lot i read in forums nothing helped. Any suggestion welcome Thanks in advance.

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2 [ 1204643 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.17763

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.3 GHz

Built-in memory: 16316.7 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16316.7 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1059.7 MB (6.4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1321.3 MB

GDI objects count: 648

USER objects count: 2178

Process handles count: 2818

Memory cache size: 53.6MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.2 [ 134 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 504MB / 8158MB (6%)

Camera Raw real memory: 523MB / 16316MB (3%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 1440x900, 3) 1360x768

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: Radeon RX 580 Series (25.20.15025.1002)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Library Path: C:\Users\raiod\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\raiod\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Facebook

3) Flickr

4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's extremely laggy.

Laggy doing what? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is to Disable the use of the GPU in LR. LR preferences performance tab uncheck use the GPU. Then TEST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using accessing one Lightroom catalog from 2 different machines?

Could you describe where the catalog(s) are stored locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not being specific enough. Lagging doing anything. Scrolling photos, doing any kid of editing. I use 2 different accounts i iust said i iave in 2 mashines for example that in one it's all good. Lightroom ps and all adobe apps arenin ssd same as catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have test the deactivation of the GPU using as suggested in a former answer?

Do you use the actual graphic device driver?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried with and without. Seems working better without using gpu. Still laggy .Fir example to scroll from photo to photo takes about 1 sec. Same with any adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the one that lags make sure the system is set to Max Power in the power plan section of the system properties. All modern computer want to throttle the CPU to reduce heat and conserve energy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrolling photos,

"Laggy at what? Please be specific."

Are you scrolling in the Library Module or the Develop Module when you see this lag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library module seems fine. I am lagging at develop midule in everything. Cant be specifig more cause whole moduke is lagging. Changing exposure, adding radiant filter, using presets. Everything whole module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you have performed a lot of local adjustments (either brushing or spot healing) on each photo. Is that a correct assumption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate. I doesnt matter if it eddited photo or not. Whole developme t module lagging. I tried reinstalling use only couple of photos and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I doesnt matter if it eddited photo or not.

Well actually, it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj, the OP has two machines and says Lightroom is fine on one of them. I think we should take his word for it when he says the other lags. He can probably tell the difference.

Let's try some kind of metrics.

Take an image in Develop, one that has no prior adjustments of any kind. Push the exposure slider from 0 to, say, +2. Does the screen update as the slider moves (as it should) - or does it lag behind, and if so how much?

Move to the next unadjusted image in the filmstrip. How long before it snaps into sharp focus?

How big are your files, in pixels, and how big is your monitor, in pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

dj, the OP has two machines and says Lightroom is fine on one of them. I think we should take his word for it when he says the other lags. He can probably tell the difference.

I never suggested he couldn't. I never suggested his lag isn't real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same issue. The moment when I updated to the 8.2 version even set everything on my laptop (HP Spectre 2 in 1 bought brand new in February and I only use for my photography busines). I’ve even tried resetting my laptop to back to default and reinstalled all the program plus presets, tools and brushes. This is becoming a major issue since I have people waiting for their edited photos and I can’t do anything bc there’s at least an 8 sec lag or longer. I pay for a monthly subscription that doesn’t even work. Could really use some advice on how I can get back to editing without the extreme lag in develop module. Maybe possible something I need to change within my laptop to make work together. I used to edit on my iPad Pro until I purchased this laptop that has 4K resolution. Please help in desperate need!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bojack - Did you find a solution to your problem?  i'm having the same issue and it's a huge problem!!  thanks - T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines