Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lagging, Ultra-slow display, after upgrading to LR 10.0

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends photographers,

I would like to know if some other people have the same issues. Before upgrading to LR10.0, I was using LR 9.4, and everything was always perfectly fine. OK, the software was sometimes a bit slow, but I have a great machine, so it was OK, I got used to it.

Since I upgraded to 10.0, it is horribly slow. Just scrolling up or down in the grid mode takes ages. Moving from one photo to another in Development mode takes between 2 and 5 seconds. When LR is your primary tool, it's a bit annoying.

Here is my configuration : Mac Pro, 8 Cores, 64GB, 4TB SSD, Radeon RX 580 8 GB, Macos Mojave

If I'm not the only one, please comment, and if you know any workaround/solutions (downgrading will be complex as I've ongoing work in the current updated catalog... 😞 ) let me know.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people are having a terrible time with the new LrC 10.0. Re-install LrC 9.4. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are actively investigating the issue. More info can be found at https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-user-interface-slow... In menatime, some customers have reported that changing the monitor profile to 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' in Display settings->colors tab can help (see below screenshot). Obviously doing so will mean that you're working on an uncalibrated monitor, but this appears to be the only alternative to downgrading to 9.4 at present.

display-profile-srgb-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Thank you. I've seen that thread, and as a workaround, it's OK to change the Display Profile, but to work correctly, it is impossible. Do we have any official update from Adobe on this, with a fix planned, I haven't been able to find that information?

Thanks in advance,
Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do we have any official update from Adobe on this, with a fix planned, I haven't been able to find that information?"

Anything that is available from Adobe is in that thread, including some workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Official response is provided in the thread I linked to previously.  I've copied the post to save you jumping back to it.

BTW, the neither of the workarounds provided are remotely 'impossible'. The first being very possible and easy - revert back to 9.4 Just use the Adobe Creative Cloud App.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines