Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop broken during remote controlled session

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I had issues with my Lightroom, it became unresposive. I contacted adobe who I allowed remote access to see if they could fix the issue. After 2.5hrs later during the session my laptop was re-started and then it had no operating system in it as the disc cannot be read! I have tried to get into contact with someone who could help me from the tech team but I seem to be getting call backs (each time after chasing them 24hrs later) from senior techs who are not able to help me and share the recording of the remote session. They keep telling me a manager will call me, but they never do. All call backs are scheduled in senior tech team. I'm starting suspect that there is a reason why they don't want to escalate... Can someone help with a phone number or an email address that I could contact to get help please. This has been going on for almost a week and I'm unable to work during this time! Apple has tried to recover the laptop with no success.. Many thanks, Pauliina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily User to User. Best you resubmit your post at  https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 as there is more chance of an Adobe employee picking up on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh great! i'm a total novice here so i appreciate your help! i will do that, thank you!! p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the operating system can't read the disk, and Apple can't recover anything, I doubt there's anything Adobe can do. This is a hardware problem.

Furthermore, there's no way that a remote tech can cause this. Even if an evil remote tech intentionally wiped out your hard disk, it would be recoverable. The evil remote tech cannot force a hardware malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Not suggesting anyone did anything intentionally, if something happened during the session it would have been accidental. Apple is not able to confirm as of yet what the issue is so can't say what it is but would be useful to be able to see what actions were taken during the session seeing that library files were modified etc. I'm not an expert, but i have a brother who is and would like to get his take on it. hard to do without explaining what was done and changed at the time when it broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old is your Mac computer?

Could be Adobe had nothing to do with your problem before or after the Adobe remote session happened.

Could be the Disk, if it was a Spinning, Rotating, just Failed as all of them do over time. If it was a SSD (Solid State Drive) those to fail. Nothing lives forever.

The problems you were having could of been caused by that drive, Rotating or SSD, starting to fail.

It is my opinion that is a ROOT cause of the problems you wee having and during the remote session the drive Failed completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply! It's a solid state drive and maybe three or so years old. I appreciate that it may that the hard drive has gone and actually this would be a relief as those are relatively cheap and easy to fix. We are still unsure if that is the case as we are still trying to figure it out with Apple who have been brilliant trying to recover the laptop remotely as unfortunately we are unable to go to a store for diagnostics. I actually have a partition on the hard drive so I have both mac and windows operating systems and wonder if changing the libraries on one side and then when my laptop re-booted it did so on windows side caused some sort of error when the adobe files were given permission to write and it if tried to do it on windows where there were no adobe files, could this have caused some sort of malfunction? I'm really not an expert and ideally I just want to let my brother see what the situation was when it failed, but so far still no luck getting anyone from adobe to respond to my request and it has been nearly a week with a lot of chasing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines