Highlighted

Laptop version of Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a laptop so that I may edit my photos on the go. However, I am unable to save the photos from lightroom cc on my laptop in a manner that allows me to send them to clients? Is the desktop version different than the version that would be on my laptop? Or is there a setting in Lightroom CC I need to check to make sure my photos are saving in the appropriate file type.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Laptop version of Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a laptop so that I may edit my photos on the go. However, I am unable to save the photos from lightroom cc on my laptop in a manner that allows me to send them to clients? Is the desktop version different than the version that would be on my laptop? Or is there a setting in Lightroom CC I need to check to make sure my photos are saving in the appropriate file type.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two versions of Lightroom. Lightroom Classic stores images on your hard drive or external hard drive connected to your computer, and uses a local catalog. Lightroom stores images in a cloud. There is NO Lightroom CC anymore. Either version of Lightroom will allow you to share images in the cloud and "send them to clients" if they are used properly. Which version are you using, and how do you propose to send images to your clients?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic (sorry for creating the confusion) and the issue arrises when I go to export the photos to a folder on my harddrive so that I may just email the entire folder. The photos are not showing up in the folder once I go to email them. I have not had this issue on my desktop... only on the laptop version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of Lightroom Classic being used? What operating system are you using? Can you post a screenshot of your export settings? I'm using Windows 10, Lightroom Classic 9.2.1. I have not experienced a problem with exporting and not having the images show up in the anticipated export folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10, Lightroom Classic 9.2.1. thumbnail_image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JimHess LATEST
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your export settings, you only have one file selected to export. And apparently you are choosing your destination folder at a later time. I have always specified the destination folder in the top section of the export settings. I'm more of a simplistic user, I suppose. Don't know if that makes any difference, but you might consider giving that a try. It has always seemed to reliably work for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines