Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

large file size and see only gray picture

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

I tried to load an Image with 16736x11168 into LR Classic (the new SL2 Multishot File). As I loaded the pic, I see only a grey pic after I clicked on the pic to enlarge it in the library. In the development mode I can zoom in.

Is there any way/fix to see no grey card and I can zoom in? Or are the files to big?

I use 64 gb RAM and a large maschine 😉 Windows 10

Thanks for your help!

Rene

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

"I tried to load an Image with 16736x11168 into LR Classic (the new SL2 Multishot File). As I loaded the pic, I see only a grey pic after I clicked on the pic to enlarge it in the library. In the development mode I can zoom in."

You've stumbled on a longstanding bug that Adobe has acknowledged but not fixed after at least three years:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-preview-size-limit

LR sometimes/often chokes zooming in Library on images larger than

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Lightroom can handle images up to 512 Megapixels, so your image size shouldn't be a problem.

Did you give Lightroom time to generate previews for this file? That might take a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help 🙂

After 5 min. there is still a grey picture and no zoom in, as I get from a
smaller 85mg pic. 😞

With kind regards
Herzlichst

Rene Pfluger
mailto: rene.pfluger@gmail.com
phone: +41 79 400 9451

MY PORTFOLIO
http://www.maletg.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help 🙂

After 5 min. there is still a grey picture and no zoom in, as I get from a smaller 85mg pic. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of these DNG files using Dropbox or similar so we can see if we have the same problem on our computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, to which address can I send it to? many thanks! 😉

With kind regards
Herzlichst

Rene Pfluger
mailto: rene.pfluger@gmail.com
phone: +41 79 400 9451

MY PORTFOLIO
http://www.maletg.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't e-mail it. You need to place it on Dropbox (or similar file sharing service) and then notify us of the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks! posted a link toward my google drive. hope it works. thanks rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported your photo into my Lightroom Classic 9.3 (Windows 10) and it appears as expected, and pretty quickly as a matter of fact.

So, I have two guesses at what to try to solve why you can't see it:

1. Restart the computer
  2. Delete/rename your Lightroom Classic preference file. You might want to make a copy of it first. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks! all works fine now 😉 THANKS!! Rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photo load and displays fine in Develop and Library both Fit and 1:1 zoom.  It also exports ok.    Lr9.3 macos 10.15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screenshot of your display with the gray issue. Entire screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I tried to load an Image with 16736x11168 into LR Classic (the new SL2 Multishot File). As I loaded the pic, I see only a grey pic after I clicked on the pic to enlarge it in the library. In the development mode I can zoom in."

You've stumbled on a longstanding bug that Adobe has acknowledged but not fixed after at least three years:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-preview-size-limit

LR sometimes/often chokes zooming in Library on images larger than about 16K pixels on the long edge. Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines