• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last version of Lightroom & Camera Raw missed some lens profiles

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developing some photos I took yesterday with my SIGMA 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM I can't apply Lens Correction in any way, the program is unable to recognize the lens in automatic mode and is not listed in manual mode.

When I imported the photos the program recognize I took them with this lense but can't find the profile to develop the raw file.

Trying to develop the file with Camera Raw, I have the same problem.

I have the last versions of any program, of course.

Can someone help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Get Adobe's attention, post your problem at the official feedback site.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topic-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Btype%5D=problem 

When you do, get ahead of any inquiry's the Adobe tech(s) and members may ask.

• Include a copy of your system information as LrC reports it (/Help/System Information/Copy/)
  • Include your camera make/model
  • Include your lens make/model (SIGMA 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM )
  • Make sure to tell them RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera? Is this a micro 4/3 camera? There are no lens profile for these cameras, the manufacturer provides the lens profiles, and these are applied in the camera so by the time Lightroom sees the photo, the proper lens profile has already been applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D7000, is not the first time I used this lens with all my nikon cameras and Lightroom always worked well, but failed with the last version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is common that a lens correction profile which does appear listed when the photo involved is Raw, will not appear when it's a camera JPG. Could that be it? I use an older version of the same lens, on a Pentax crop dSLR, but only for Raw images.

If this is the issue, there is a workaround of re-saving a copy of the (Raw applying) lens profile, suitably edited so as to apply for a camera JPG instead, into the folder where LR looks for user downloaded profiles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I always shot in raw. Lightroom recognize the lens when I import the raw files, but the profile to correct the lens distorsion doesn't appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens has been supported since Lightroom 3.0 / Camera Raw 6.1 as indicated on this linked lens support document https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html  The  profie is for Raw files only. I've also checked for the presence of the profile on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro and found five copies on each computer for the following camera vendors:

Canon

Nikon

Pentax

Sigma

Sony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I worked with my raw files using this lens without problem in different versions of LR & Camera Raw until today, with the last version of the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime LRC does anything strange:
Restart computer

Restart LRC

Reset LRC preferences if the above do not resolve the issue.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Adobe's attention, post your problem at the official feedback site.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi... 

When you do, get ahead of any inquiry's the Adobe tech(s) and members may ask.

• Include a copy of your system information as LrC reports it (/Help/System Information/Copy/)
  • Include your camera make/model
  • Include your lens make/model (SIGMA 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM )
  • Make sure to tell them RAW not JPEG
  • Tell them yes/no, you reset the preference file
  • Tell them yes/no, you restarted LrC
  • Tell them yes/no, you restarted the computer, and cold reboot or warm reset.
  • Provide screenshots of the various ways you attemted to get the profile applied.
  • Provide a screenshot of the folder on your computer that the profile is found
    (for a PC, C;/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom CC/Resources/Lens Profiles/1.0/Sigam/Nikon/)
    (MAC, Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Lens Profiles)
  • Also, post, perhaps at Drop Box a sample RAW file.

Example of the screenshot for the folder containing the lens profile:

.../Sigma/Nikon/.../Sigma/Nikon/

in MACOS Finderin MACOS Finder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! I read your message and look for the lens profile in the folder you write. The lens profile was on the computer, so I think the problem coul be different... and it was!

My lens was not correctly put on the camera, after adjust it I have no problems with the next photos I took.

I'm so sorry, my lens seems to be well adjusted, but no. Is the first time in a lot of years it happens to me.

I am very ashamed, but very grateful for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide an example RAW file, perhaps at DropBox?

And what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines