Highlighted

Latest Lightroom Mobile Features

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, so if I create a new version of an image on LR mobile should that sync back to LR Classic? also should images edited in photoshop mobile and then synced back to LR mobile sync back to LR classic also..?

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Latest Lightroom Mobile Features

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, so if I create a new version of an image on LR mobile should that sync back to LR Classic? also should images edited in photoshop mobile and then synced back to LR mobile sync back to LR classic also..?

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings will sync back to the Lr Classic Catalog e.g. if I select the B&W version – see image - as the active photo in the  grid in LR 3.3 the original in LR Classic 9.3 will become monochrome. A snapshot is not created but you will see an entry in the Classic History panel.

Not sure what you mean by the second part. I have Photoshop for iPad installed and if I choose a photo in Lightroom Mobile for iPad and choose “Edit in Photoshop” I get a blue button to send back to Lightroom after I finish editing in PS for iPad. So a new PSD file is being saved. That PSD file should appear in the Catalog panel under “All Sync’d Photographs” 

AFAIK this functionality is only available on iPad OS and not iOS or Android.

Ver-City-lgts.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

I was looking for a snapshot or a virtual copy but now see the LRC image has ammendments from LRM.

Also found the PSD files in 'all synced' I was thinking they would show up in collections or the origonal folder in LRC.

All works fine though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Eric_Pec LATEST
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not add anything on the first art of your question. I share 99jon answer. 
For the second part, I did the following test :
-took an image with my Iphone

- waited for it to appear in LT Mobile on my Ipad

-after some edits in LR mobile. I send it from LR mobile into PS for IPAD and made some visible edits

- I am logged on all my devices in the same Adobe account. I believe this is just crucial for the sync to work. If one of the device is not logged it may not work but I did not try

- instantly I saw the edit in PS for IPAD in LR MOBILE on the Ipad

- six or 7 mn later I saw the PSD file in my Iphone LR Mobile version

- 10 / 15 mn later the PSD file appear in LR on my Imac

-45 mn later the image was there on LR Classic. 

This is one of the reason I am not a huge fan of LR ( not the Classic one) or Adobe mobile suite as they work very slowly due to Wi-Fi bandwidth. I have a slow internet at home. But working locally on the Ipad and waiting overnight and a week before you can see your edits in LR Classic is OK. I have an unresolved issue in LRC of 123 photos syncing for ever. And no way to clean this situation. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0