Latest update to Lightroom Classic causes blank Window (Windows 10) fixed by updating LR/PS

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed down LR Classic CC normally last night / backed up.  On starting LR this morning a blank window appeared in middle of LR - it could be moved/resized but LR would not function at all.  Closing this blank window shutdown LR also.  I tried rebooting Win10 / different display screens (in case a graphics driver issue)/restarting LR several times - same issue each time.  Was about to try more drastic stuff such as deleting prefs etc but thought to check updates. 

Installing updates solved the issue so I suspect the blank window was a (non-functioning) window informing me of updates.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Latest update to Lightroom Classic causes blank Window (Windows 10) fixed by updating LR/PS

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed down LR Classic CC normally last night / backed up.  On starting LR this morning a blank window appeared in middle of LR - it could be moved/resized but LR would not function at all.  Closing this blank window shutdown LR also.  I tried rebooting Win10 / different display screens (in case a graphics driver issue)/restarting LR several times - same issue each time.  Was about to try more drastic stuff such as deleting prefs etc but thought to check updates. 

Installing updates solved the issue so I suspect the blank window was a (non-functioning) window informing me of updates.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?