Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Update to Lightroom - Speed issues

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC .]

I am aware that there are other threads regarding this issue. I have followed all of the suggestions posted to speed up the adobe Lightroom since it was last upgraded recently and still experience horrible speeds. It take me a minimum of 45 minutes to an hour to import my photos, where it used to take me 5 minutes tops. My workflow is slowed to a crawl after adjusting 5 or 6 Photos. I don't know why I am still paying for a product that is causing nothing but stress. I am a full time, employed certified computer tech with a kick *** home built computer that runs everything at Mach speeds and streams anything I throw at it. I used to be able to watch streaming TV while I played WOW (i know, i know) and edited Photos all at the same time. I have even tried to reboot my system and on start up only open lightroom and it has not improved performance. Technical support is only operational on the days that I work, and quite frankly I do not have the energy at the end of a busy work day to sit on hold only to be told that they are working on it. Does ANYONE have a viable solution other the uninstalling and reinstalling creative suite ( done that twice now) PLEASE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic (desktop)?  See below.

Lightroom Classic CC seems slower than previous Lightroom version it replaced

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been all over that thread and followed all the suggestions. Nothing has fixed it. It has now been 1.5 hours and my import is still crawling along!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues with LR7.0 but after upgrading to LR7.1 my situation is back to LR6 performance - not awesome and not improved, but back to where I can work without significant slow downs. Also not decrease of speed anymore after 10-20 minutes. CPU load also drastically reduced, now below 50% of one out of four kernels. Are you on LR 7.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had seen that some people have seen an improvement, so I updated. then I tried doing a clean install, still no improvement. As a side note, My cpu never goes over about 20% and my memory usage is about 67% while i am working in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just imported 8000 nefs (mixture of 27 and 40MB nefs) from my hard disk into LR in 25 minutes including rendering standard previews for all of them. The 12 cores of my desktop computer were flat out at 100% nearly all of the time. So I doubt if your problem is with lightroom.

Bob frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

The posts above yours are dated 16 December 2017. Unless the OP had a Time Machine the OP wasn't using 7.2 I suspect somebody edited a post in the thread to push it the front page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops! Sorry, but I saw the headline 'Latest update............' and assumed you were all discussing 7.2. I'll shut up for a while!

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here, don't understand Adobe now, do we need to with to capture ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines