Highlighted

Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic, it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported for years. It's been marked as solved before by 

Well its still here, I guess someone has to really look into this.

@Adobe: Could you please provide a workaround, if there is one, for the time being until this gets eventually fixed?

Cheers

Andi

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic, it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported for years. It's been marked as solved before by 

Well its still here, I guess someone has to really look into this.

@Adobe: Could you please provide a workaround, if there is one, for the time being until this gets eventually fixed?

Cheers

Andi

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

Given that the vast majority of participants in this forum are customers rather than Adobe staffers, I think you may be better placed to answer above questions yourself. I mean, assuming you have the one or more of the others apps you mention, how difficult would it be for you to test and report.

BTW, best place to submit bugs is on the feedback forum https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines