LC hand when importing from Library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new Library for a 3 week trip and have over 3000 images in this travel Lightroom Classic 10 library on my laptop which I now try to import  in to my main Library on my Desktop mac 10.15.7

However Lightroom says it's creating a temporary Library when I choose File/Import from an other catalogue and then hangs.

How can I import the images and keep all changes i made while traveling???

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LC hand when importing from Library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new Library for a 3 week trip and have over 3000 images in this travel Lightroom Classic 10 library on my laptop which I now try to import  in to my main Library on my Desktop mac 10.15.7

However Lightroom says it's creating a temporary Library when I choose File/Import from an other catalogue and then hangs.

How can I import the images and keep all changes i made while traveling???

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Export as a catalog option for that new catalog file? Then import from another catalog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows users: it is necessary to have the Travel Catalog AND the photos on an external drive or a USB stick (or Copied to HD / USB) that you can connect to the Desktop machine, and then [Import from another Catalog] to merge the Travel Catalog to the Desktop Catalog.

For Mac users: I believe that you can connect a Mac Laptop to a Mac 'desktop' so the laptop is identified 'seen' as an "external drive or device". Then the [Import from another Catalog] should work.External > Desktop.

Research this option (or do the Copy to a USB device as per Windows users).

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0