• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy Settings Stops Editing Function

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the LR 7 day trial since yesterday, and photos are still downloading from my Apple Photos library. But when I double click on a photo on the LR site I get the message, 'this photo must be updated before editing is possible'. This is really taking a looooooong time to download the Apple Photo library, can I assume I can only edit once the download is complete? This seems like a very amatuer website method of operation, once even a single photo is downloaded it should be available for editing. 

And another question; exactly where are these photos being downloaded to? I loaded all my photos yesterday - Not done yet?? I also created a new album with as yet no photos in it, but it isn't visible anywhere - can't be found. Not good. The editing I did yesterday was good, but these website issues of 'cant edit' and 'cant be found albums' are very irritating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, plus more. I look within Lightshop for a how to import tutorial. Finally it shows up and stops after the first step. CChecking Youtune: ggod luck. How many version of Lightrom are there, and how many minutes do you waste until it becomes clear that they are talking about LR Cassic or whatever. I was very excited about teh whole Develop idea..I search and  not even the word 'Develop' shows up! There are so many exciting things about Adobe, but you'd think that the basic foundation: how to import photos and file them properly would be crystal clear. Maybe I have a buggy version? One thing is certain: I am a slow typist and the blue circle is still spinnng on my screen, next to  the same "Legacy Settings" text  you have described. And yeah...filing...why so mysterious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys what are you talking about this is the Lightroom Classic forum. Please see the basic forum guidelines in the attached screen capture.

Also, there are presently two Lightroom applications that are usable on your computer see the other screen captures.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.34 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.10 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines