• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens correction automatically Lightroom

Participant ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rercently installed a new M.2 drive into my laptop which is running windos 10 pro,  im setting up Lightroom cc 9.2.1 the way i like it, i used to have it set so it automatically done lens correction on import, so can anyone offer any help as to how i can set this up please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find the appropriate informations to enable this:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/how-to-set-up-lightroom-to-automatically-apply-a-lens-correction-to-...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/enabling-lens-correcting-for-all-photos-when-import...

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/applying-lens-profiles-during-import

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alex-Matt none of them work, from memory i set it up before using the method in the first link holding down the Alt key but when i do that now it unchecks everything in the lens correction panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have done is set my lens profile on automatic and then save it as a preset. This preset I use by default when importing. The same with copyright and file naming and backup location. I never think about these things when importing because they are done already 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Franxperience can you explain how you save a preset and use it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D850 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR 9.2 the Default Develop settings are changed using the Preset panel 'Raw Defaults' in Preferences. The ALT key method no longer works! More info here:

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd thanks, thats the info i was looking for, so after i create the preset to apply lens correction on import how do i apply it to all new photos or does it just apply automatically? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with setting this up myself. Then I found this video that helped me understand it better. Perhaps it might help you as well. I'm kind of a slow learner, I had to watch it a couple of times before it sunk in. But it seemed to do the trick for me.

Setting Camera defaults in Lightroom Classic 

If you don't want to go to the bother of setting defaults as outlined in that video, just choose to apply that preset in the import dialog as part of your import process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest creating a Default Develop settings preset for each camera model you use. Then assign the presets in the Preferences> Presets Raw Defaults> Defaults dropdown. If you've included Lens Profile in your Develop preset as outlined at the link I provdied it will be applied automatically to new import files. Here's what mine looks like:

Todd_Shaner_0-1591546646398.png

This apparently was necessary to allow using custom 'Default Develop Settings' across the LR ecosystem (Classic, Desktop, Mobile, Web). Unfortunately, the implementation chosen by Adobe is overly complicated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines