Highlighted

Lens correction automatically Lightroom

Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rercently installed a new M.2 drive into my laptop which is running windos 10 pro,  im setting up Lightroom cc 9.2.1 the way i like it, i used to have it set so it automatically done lens correction on import, so can anyone offer any help as to how i can set this up please.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lens correction automatically Lightroom

Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rercently installed a new M.2 drive into my laptop which is running windos 10 pro,  im setting up Lightroom cc 9.2.1 the way i like it, i used to have it set so it automatically done lens correction on import, so can anyone offer any help as to how i can set this up please.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 2
Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alex-Matt none of them work, from memory i set it up before using the method in the first link holding down the Alt key but when i do that now it unchecks everything in the lens correction panel. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have done is set my lens profile on automatic and then save it as a preset. This preset I use by default when importing. The same with copyright and file naming and backup location. I never think about these things when importing because they are done already 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 1
Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Franxperience can you explain how you save a preset and use it please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 1
Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D850 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR 9.2 the Default Develop settings are changed using the Preset panel 'Raw Defaults' in Preferences. The ALT key method no longer works! More info here:

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 1
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd thanks, thats the info i was looking for, so after i create the preset to apply lens correction on import how do i apply it to all new photos or does it just apply automatically? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with setting this up myself. Then I found this video that helped me understand it better. Perhaps it might help you as well. I'm kind of a slow learner, I had to watch it a couple of times before it sunk in. But it seemed to do the trick for me.

Setting Camera defaults in Lightroom Classic 

If you don't want to go to the bother of setting defaults as outlined in that video, just choose to apply that preset in the import dialog as part of your import process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest creating a Default Develop settings preset for each camera model you use. Then assign the presets in the Preferences> Presets Raw Defaults> Defaults dropdown. If you've included Lens Profile in your Develop preset as outlined at the link I provdied it will be applied automatically to new import files. Here's what mine looks like:

Todd_Shaner_0-1591546646398.png

This apparently was necessary to allow using custom 'Default Develop Settings' across the LR ecosystem (Classic, Desktop, Mobile, Web). Unfortunately, the implementation chosen by Adobe is overly complicated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0