• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LENS CORRECTION ERROR on all JPG files with LR Classic 10.3!!!!!!! This Is A Big Problem!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to LR Classic 10.3 on Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on a "Cheese Grater" MacPro (mid2012). I am an photo-artist shooting with the Canon R5.

When selecting "Enable Profile Corrections" and selecting "Canon" under "Make" the correct lens and camera profile show up for all of my RAW images...BUT (!!!) When it comes to JPG files the lens "Model" is incorrect as is the "Profile" (where the profile for a camera I no longer uses comes up! In both cases, there is no manual override that allows me to correct these errors. In the case of the "Model" of lens I'm using, may alternatives show up, but not the ones I'm using. In the case of the "Profie" of the camera, no other camera options appear. As I've stated, I know that informaton is available as it shows up properly in the the case of my RAW images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The significant majority of lens profiles are available ONLY for Raw files, and thus not available for non-Raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. It’s funny, I would have never been aware of this were it not for the fact that I just purchased a Canon R5 and decided (that for comparison purposes) instead of shooting exclusively RAW images (as I have been doing for years with my recently retired, 5D Mark II) I'd shoot both JPG and RAW simultaneously to see if high-res JPGs would make any sense in some of my work. As it happened, that decision came right the heels of my upgrading to 10.3, and thus, appeared to be a problem.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, this is the correct behavior for Lightroom Classic. Lens corrections for JPGs don't have associated profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely appreciate your response.  Learn something new every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens correction profiles are created for raw files only. If you want efficient lens correction is probably best to shoot raw images. If you are shooting JPEG images then you will prrobably have to create your own correction profiles as they will be scarce and difficult to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding. That I did not know this comes as a surprise, as I have shot nothing but RAW for years. One less thing to be concerned about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines