Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Correction For Nikon 10.5mm f2.8 images is causing corrupt files

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks - 

I've been using Adobe's lens correction for my Nikon 10.5mm/f2.8 wide angle/fisheye macro shots for years - and I often like to push the distortion correction to 200. In recent months I've been noticing LR struggling creating previews for this stage, and then announcing that "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo."  

Basically rendering those photos useless. I just updated to LR Classic 10 hoping that would help, but that sort of treatment is causing the same issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with other treatments (mask?) as I usually use those too. I'm generally using my own presets when this happens. Since updating the software didn't help with this issue, I'm wondering if creating new presets for these treatments might help. Images shot with other lenses do not have this issue, though I don't generally change the distortion settings.

Any help is appreciated. (I'm using MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7 and LR 10.0 / Camera Raw 13.0 and shooting with a Nikon D810 onto SD media) Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>and then announcing that "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo." 

The file itself should not be affected by any of the edits as these are usually stored in the catalog. Is is it possible to completely reset the edits?

>I'm wondering if creating new presets for these treatments might help. Images shot with other lenses do not have this issue, though I don't generally change the distortion settings.

Recreating one or two of your Presets is worth a try. If it works, then recreate the others. If it doesn't help, then best you report the issue on the Lightroom Classic feedback forum at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Right - the file itself is fine, but I guess I'd need to reimport it to edit it again/further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should say that resetting the edits does generally not help, as far as I can tell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines