Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Correction Not Exporting with Image File

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've imported RAW files shot with my Sony a6000 and a Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens. Lens correction is enabled on both the camera and in the Lightroom settings on the image. However, when I go to export the photo as a JPG, the lens correction changes don't seem to carry over and disappear upon export. Is there something fairly simple that I'm overlooking? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, late yesterday I did some checking.

First off my camera gear is as indicated in my signature OM-D EM-1, which is my only camera since 2015. This is relevant and different from what danidbeamer and hwolt, I use m43 lenses and when I import raw files the "built-in lens profile applied" is always displayed in the develop module. I do not normally apply and additional lens corrections.

Yesterday afternoon I checked on the recent imports and that is still happening. Checking on some folders with imports with v9.3 were fine. I then checked some earlier imports and found occasional files where the message was not displayed. I closed up for the night.

This morning I selected a folder containing a few dozen files and noticed a number of them did not display the message. Continued for maybe 15 to 20 min then what!!?? now none of them are displaying the message. Did not do an export test but changed one of the images from "process version 3 to 5" but no relief.

Shut down Lightroom for now.

Does anyone know if there is a bug report started as yet on this issue???

I will go to the Feedback forum to do a search in a short while.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to get signed in to the Feedback Forum to post a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I found a fix for the disappearing "built-in lens profile applied".

In the Develop module zoom to 1:1 then back to fill the message returns. Hope that and the other issues get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also started a thread over in the LR cloud-based forum with the v3.3 bug theory - perhaps we'll get some more insight or experiences from others:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/reporting-lens-correction-bug-with-lr-v3-3/td-p/11292915?pa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest continuing the discussion at the below Photoshop Family reporting siste monitored by Adobe.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lens-corrections-not-visible-in-thumbnails-af...

At the above link it would be helpful to post both a LR 3.3 'Export Original' and 'Export JPG (Large)' files with your settings to a file sharing site such as Dropbox. Paste the share links in a reply there with your comments. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a bug report in the feedback forum, you can go there to visit or add your comments to the post. I hope things get resolved shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines