• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens profile: default vs auto, importing everything from present day

Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions:

1. What's the difference between setting the Lens Profile pane option called "Setup" between Default and Auto?

2. When importing photos from one day of shooting, I leave everything on the card as a temporary backup. Since some projects sit on the card more than one day, when importing stuff on the second day, I would like to automatically select only photos from that day to import. Is that doable, without using "Destination folders" and forcing myself to let LC organize photos by dates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responding to Part 2:

As far as I am aware, if you use the same card to Import from (with some photos added later), Lightroom will recognise that and gray out the already imported images for you.

As far as this goes: What's the difference between setting the Lens Profile pane option called "Setup" between Default and Auto?

Please post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

What I forgot to add to the question yesterday is the fact, that after the first day of shooting, I would import photos to LC, and cull them, so that importing another batch next day, cannot be done by simply selecting "New photos" in the inport dialog, since it tries to reimport the culled photos from the previous day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot for the first question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Question 1.-

Quote taken from a Jim Wilde post in the Lightroom Queen forums of Victoria Bampton.

And this info is sure to be in her books! (The Missing FAQ?)  LQ BLOG HOME 

"Auto" leaves Lightroom to search for and apply what it thinks is the correct profile. If it can't find one, it leave the fields blank. "Default" does pretty much the same (initially), except that it allows the user to set a different profile (maybe the user has downloaded a couple of different profiles for the same lens), and/or adjust the Distortion/Vignetting sliders to add a manual adjustment. Then using the "Save New Lens Profile Defaults" option, the selected/adjusted profile would become the new Default. If you then leave the Setup option as Default, you'd get that profile applied when enabling LC, but if you leave it at Auto you'd get whatever LR thinks is the correct profile.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines