• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile for the Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea when this lens will be supported in Lightroom? It has been out for a while now.​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Waiting for this too ... and so far there is no info from Adobe available when it will be added.

I'm positive it will be in the next drop, when ever that will be.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the new beta and it is not there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know

I asked the 'Lens Profile Guy' at Adobe ... waiting ... I'll keep ya' posted

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what Tamron said : I apologize for your frustration. From what I have found out we are working with them to get the profile updated. Unfortunately I do not know for sure when this will be done but once I get more of an update I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone just using the G1 profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the only one available. Works OK with the new lens, but know way to know exactly how accurate it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, yes. It does help but I have to tweak it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, the G1 profile does not really match ... waiting for the G2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely closer than selecting nothing, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that Lightroom Classic CC has the 70200 G2 profile, but still no 24-70 profile.  I contacted customer support and inquired.  He stated that the lens profile should be coming out with the next update where profiles are included.  I asked if he had a timeframe on that update, but I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will never get a release date - Adobe never announces these releases. Even the internal prerelease is not out yet.

The 70-200 G2 has been released quite some time before the 24-70 G2.

As said above ...

I'm in contact with the person responsible for the profiles and he is in contact with Tamron to get the profile as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Adobe created the profiles, not the manufacturer. Am I wrong on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've definitely been collaborating with lens makers on this for other profiles. Literally anyone can make a profile.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stated possibly a couple months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. If it is any consolation, DXO Photolab also does not have the lens profile yet, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamron 24-70 mm 2.8 G2 profiles are now included in Lightroom Classic 7.1 beta. Profiles for both Nikon and Canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Tamron I received the following message:

Hi Nico, it looks like Adobe have now updated their lens profile list with the Tamron 24-70mm G2.  Although it seems to be only for version 7.1 and 10.1.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

It’s a disgrace that a monopolist such as Adobe obliges me to subscribe to their software by no longer providing me with updates. Even though I recently purchased a legitimate Lightroom 6.13 with the guarantee for updates of new cameras and lens profiles in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it has been added to the 7.1 release.

You'll get a 6.14 by the end of the year that will have the profile added - which will be the last update for LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines