• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens profile not applied to merged HDR images

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure if this is the issue of Lightroom or ACR. When a merged HDR file is open in Photoshop it seems not to have the lens profile applied to it.

Imagine following scenario:

1. 5 HDR brackets taken with camera on tripod
  2. These brackets are merged to HDR in Lightroom Classic
  3. When I „Edit in Photoshop“ the merged HDR file, it looks like it hast the lens profile not applied to it
  4. When I open one of the brackets in PS, then overlay it over the HDR image and change the blending mode to Difference, there are clearly visible differences in geometry.
  5. Similar to 4, when I take the screenshot of the HDR image displayed in Lightroom, resize it to match the size of the image in PS, overlay it in difference blending mode, I see the same difference in geometry like in step 4. This means that Lightroom displays the image correctly, but somewhere between LR and PS something goes wrong

Any idea how to at least work this issue around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to export a tiff from LrC and compare that to the file that opened in PS. Just a thought.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. I've almost forgotten about the possibility export the image as TIFF. Nevertheless it did the trick. But off course it would be better if Adobe can fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have done a test with three raw files merged to panorama and not to HDR. When I selected the .pdf file I got a pop up that is displayed in the screen capture and choose the option as displayed in the image.

The file opened in PS exactly as displayed in LrC. Which option did you choose?

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 7.00.28 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default when opening NEF / DNG files this dialog does not pop up. It only shows when I want to edit a TIFF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you are selecting the original files 5 and then selecting “edit in PS”?

So you now have 5 rendered images with LrC adjustments opened in PS when do you apply the Merge to HDR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so a merge to HDR will produce a DNG file, not a PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed not relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines