Highlighted

Lens profiles for Huawei and Honor do not compensate vignetting

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Honor 20 Pro and a Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

There are lens profiles in Lightroom (I use version 9.2.1) and the images are recognized during the import.

When I activate the lens profile correction only the geometry is corrected not the heavy vignetting.

The behaviour is the same for the Honor and the Huawei.

Attached is a set of sample images. The description of the images is shown below.

Honor_20_Pro_phone_JPEG: JPEG straigt out of the camera

Honor_20_Pro_after_auto_lens_correction_after_import: DNG after the import in Lightroom without any action (just default import)

Honor_20_Pro_after_auto_lens_correction_activated: AUTO color correction and lens correction turned on

Honor_20_Pro_after_auto_lens_correction_activated: Here a manual vignetting correction of about 60 is applied. But still the center is way brighter than the edge regions.

Honor_20_Pro_radial_filter_added.jpg: How the image should look like after an additional radial filter is applied.

Honor.20.Pro.Main.Camera.xmp: The processing settings using a radial filter that corrects what the vignetting correction can't do.

Topics

Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lens profiles for Huawei and Honor do not compensate vignetting

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Honor 20 Pro and a Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

There are lens profiles in Lightroom (I use version 9.2.1) and the images are recognized during the import.

When I activate the lens profile correction only the geometry is corrected not the heavy vignetting.

The behaviour is the same for the Honor and the Huawei.

Attached is a set of sample images. The description of the images is shown below.

Honor_20_Pro_phone_JPEG: JPEG straigt out of the camera

Honor_20_Pro_after_auto_lens_correction_after_import: DNG after the import in Lightroom without any action (just default import)

Honor_20_Pro_after_auto_lens_correction_activated: AUTO color correction and lens correction turned on

Honor_20_Pro_after_auto_lens_correction_activated: Here a manual vignetting correction of about 60 is applied. But still the center is way brighter than the edge regions.

Honor_20_Pro_radial_filter_added.jpg: How the image should look like after an additional radial filter is applied.

Honor.20.Pro.Main.Camera.xmp: The processing settings using a radial filter that corrects what the vignetting correction can't do.

Topics

Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?