• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profiles not available in Lightroom Classic for JPEG Correction

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise if this is dealt with elsewhere in the community but if I attempt to Enable Profile Corrections for JPEG files in the Lens Corrections area of Lightroom Classic by selecting Setup: Custom several of the lenses I use are not found, these include a Canon EF 100mm f2.8 USM as well as a Tamron 150 - 600mm G2 for Canon.

These are automatically applied and available for my RAW files but I am unable to set these up or locate them for JPEG images. They are listed as available profiles for lenses in online lists/references.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens profiles are available for raw photos only, not JPEG.  See here for more information:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/acr-lightroom-when-will-my-lens-profile-be-av...

You can quickly edit a raw lens profile to also work with JPEGs, though your mileage may vary:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/acr-lightroom-when-will-my-lens-profile-be-av...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have the same problem but both links don't work anymore, how to find lenses profile for jpeg ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See here for how to change a raw lens profile to work with non-raws (e.g. JPEGs):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/how-can-i-add-lens-profiles-to-lightroo...

That will only give good results if the JPEG has the exact same visual appearance as the raw (i.e. no lens correction or cropping has been applied to the JPEG by the camera or apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply John 🙂

That clarifies it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines