• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library and Develop windows display different colours. using Mac os Catalina with Benq sw240

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, strange one here.

So I own the BENQ SW240 monitor on my mac. I have calibrated it using Palette Master Elements and an X-Rite calibrator.

I just re-calibrated my monitor as before and opened Lightroom, when I'm in the Library module the images look as they should (finished work) but when I click on the Develop module the image is really over-saturated. 

In the develop module it looks awful but if I make the image full screen it goes back to what the image should look like, then come out of the full screen and the image is over-saturated again...

And when I compare colours on my Mac Pro retina display and BenQ I see a difference as well, after I calibrated both monitors in the same day.

Can anyone suggest what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll repost what I wrote in a very similar thread: (make sure to read the whole thread)

The Benq Palette Master software is known to be buggy, and there have been many posts similar to yours.

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version.

Then recalibrate, and make sure to create a version 2 (not version 4), matrix based (not table based) profile.

I'm not familiar with Palette Master, so I'm not sure what options there are. You may have to go into advanced settings, or similar.

If the problem persists, I suggest that you calibrate using the software that came with your calibrator.

Library and Develop do use different color spaces, but they should still display identically, except in special cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines