• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library doesn't show Import or HDR/Pano changes until LR restart, Folder Photo Counts are Wrong

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a three-part issue (that may actually have one cause.) Basically, Lightroom Classic doesn't seem to update the Library when I make a write change, although the changes DO actually happen on disk.

I've tried this with version 9.2.1, and today with 9.3. Issue still exists.

Example 1: after I import photos, Previous Import shows 0 and the folder in the library doesn't show the new photos. However, once I restart LR, they are all there.

Example 2: If I merge to HDR or Panorama, the process happens as it should: progress bar finishes, but no new .dng file appears. I have to restart LR again, then it shows up in the grid view.

Example 3: Also, the photo count in my folders is often wrong and even goes negative after I delete images. I have had a situation where a folder had 4 images inside but said -8. Pretty silly to have negative # images!

Example 4: Lastly, once #1 or 2 happens, it seems to affect everything else I do afterwards, like Develop changes don't appear visually (although they ARE getting written into the .xmp sidecar).

It's very annoying to have to restart LR every time I import or merge photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearly a bug. I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines