• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Module and Navigator image look different than Develop Module

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main image that I edit looks normal and when I export the image it looks the same, so all good there. However, when I view my photos in the library module they have a yellow hue/haze to them. I got a new Surface Pro 3 and the screen colour profile is set to sRGB. I am not sure what the issue could be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a defective monitor profile, probably delivered by a Windows update.

Windows 10 is known to install low quality monitor profiles from monitor manufacturers, and these profiles are often defective out of the box.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB.

If this fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will also create and install a custom monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

With  Lightroom closed, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, and set it as default.

color-management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an issue with my screen as I have already calibrated it to sRGB and have had no issues with color other than in the Lightroom Classic library module. I shoot in RAW and upload to Lightroom and it's almost as if Lightroom can't preview the raw file in the library module. I haven't had an issue with this in the past on my windows desktop computer but I feel like there is some easy fix in Lightroom itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have already calibrated it to sRGB"

What does that mean, precisely? Have you set the monitor profile in the operating system, as shown in Per's screenshot? If not, do that.

If that's what you have done, please post a side by side screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it set to sGRB and I bought this specific laptop as it was recommended all over as good for editing because of the excellent graphics card, processor etc. Hence, why I am skeptical to think its an issue with the monitor profile when I only have color issues in lightroom. sRGB.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it could be similar! However, the difference I have is that the navigator image also shows differently like how the image is in the library module. The main image in the develop module is accurate and the true colors I want and it exports how I want as well. Its just the preview version of the files that are wrong. Develop.PNGlibrary.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brownish tint in the histogram is a clear indication of a defective monitor profile.

Please post a screenshot of the Color management dialog (not the Display settings), like in my first post.

image_2020-10-29_115159.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

The sRGB profile is already the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the right sRGB. You couldn't know, but there are many variants of sRGB profiles out there, not all of them following strict icc specification. All they have in common is a set of primaries and a tone response curve - even the white point can be all over the map.

This is the standard sRGB profile. This is the one you want - note the full name sRGB IEC61966-2.1:

sRGB.png

Given that sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is hard-wired into Windows, i's a bit surprising they didn't use that. This is probably an ad-hoc variety with slightly shifted primaries or something similar. And they just didn't get the rest of it right.

Anyway, the real fix is a calibrator, as Per and Jao already pointed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah Thank You! So much to learn. I switched it to that sRGB profile and it seems to have fixed it. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two points. I. As already noted, the brownish histogram and small previews are caused by a defective monitor profile. You can test this possibility by assigning sRGB as your monitor profile as demonstrated above but that is only a test, it does not guarantee accurate color for that: II. You HAVE to calibrate your monitor regardless that it was marketed and reviewed as having a good screen. Calibrating has to be done using a hardware calibrator such as a Spyder Pro, Colormunki, and many others. You will not get accurate color on any monitor/display otherwise. These are not expensive and can often beborrowed from your local photo club if you don't want to buy one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines