• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Module to Develop module issues

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I switch back between library and develop module in lightroom classic my images are drastically different. The color changes and they becomes grainy. I would like to fix this but I have no idea where to begin. I attached two photos one of each module to show a example. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

You have chosen to build Embedded & sidecar previews when importing.

The embedded previews are created by the camera, and are also processed in the camera with whatever settings you have chosen. This particular preview has had noise reduction applied.

Embedded previews will be replaced by Lightroom's own previews as you work, and to replace the preview for one image,  click the badge in the top left corner of the thumbnail and choose Build Standard preview or 1:1 preview.

You can also select sev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're the image in the Develop and the Library module is not matching in Lightroom Classic CC.

Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using? The latest is v 10.2

Before we start troubleshooting it, I'd recommend that you please take a look at this discussion Develop module & library module aren't matching and let us know if that helps.

You should compare at 1:1 view, which maps exactly one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel.

Screen resampling algorithms are different between the two modules. Image noise and so on can respond differently to resampling.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have chosen to build Embedded & sidecar previews when importing.

The embedded previews are created by the camera, and are also processed in the camera with whatever settings you have chosen. This particular preview has had noise reduction applied.

Embedded previews will be replaced by Lightroom's own previews as you work, and to replace the preview for one image,  click the badge in the top left corner of the thumbnail and choose Build Standard preview or 1:1 preview.

You can also select several thumbnails, and go to Library > Previews.

In the future, please insert images directly in your posts, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Also, rather than using a camera, take proper screenshots. See https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

image_2021-03-26_122431.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with what the two previous two people mentioned, and another item to consider is that the Library Module uses Adobe RGB as color space and the Develop Module uses Melissa RGB (similar to ProPhoto RGB), which will cause slight color shifts depending on the images.

warm;y/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case it's definitely caused by the embedded preview.

IMG_0035.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per, good catch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines