License activation on an old version of Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the mistake of upgrading to Lightroom Classic since my wife has an Iphone and the version of Lightroom I had is unable to read the file type.

I canceled my Lightroom Classic member plan due to the price I was paying for little benefit.  This resulted in me paying an additional $20 cancelation fee and no longer being able to use my previous version due to being unable to deactivate my license key.

I have spent an hour trying to figure out how to contact Adobe support and as far as I can tell they have made it impossible unless I again subscribe to one of their plans and likely get hit with another cancelation fee.

What am I supposed to do and how much more time do I need to sink into this?  Why am I being punished for trying the newest version of their software.  I really hate this company in regards to their practices in both software protection, consumer tracking, and advertising.  They make good products, but are horrible in every other regard.  

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021
They do not make it possible to contact from the Adobe website, but I found a phone number on a web search engine that connected me with an operator that could help. 1-800-833-6687 I gave the support rep my email address, they saw my purchase history, and they quickly resolved the issue. I can only assume their not making it possible to find this contact information on their website is an active strategy to force customers with existing license keys into their monthly subscription model.   I wou...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. You will have to deal with Adobe directly. 

To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go here and comment:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864
For Camera Raw, use the Photoshop fourm.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is funny, Adobe says that the forum is the contact for Adobe Lightroom 6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html

I would have been able to contact their support if I had tried before canceling my lightroom subscription that I had to pay an extra $20 fee to cancel.

So to summarize, I purchased a subscription to the new Lightroom service that they call "classic".  I cancel due to price and all the extra software it requires me to have installed on my system.  The cancelation fee was an extra $20.

I now have less than a month to use my original product Adobe Lightroom 6 since I did not unregister before uninstalling and I have no way to contact support.  Their support portal tells me to come to the forums and the forums tell me go provide feedback for a product they no longer care about.

How about they turn off the license protection if they are not going to manage it anymore?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They do not make it possible to contact from the Adobe website, but I found a phone number on a web search engine that connected me with an operator that could help.

1-800-833-6687

I gave the support rep my email address, they saw my purchase history, and they quickly resolved the issue.

I can only assume their not making it possible to find this contact information on their website is an active strategy to force customers with existing license keys into their monthly subscription model.  

I would not mind paying for their new monthly service if I could choose when I needed it, but making me pay monthly for something I rarely use and then charging me a two month fee to cancel is unreasonable.  I fully understand people like me are not their target audience and they have little interest in making me happy. 

I hope my post is able to help someone else in my situation.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines