Highlighted

Lighroom albums to share

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use "Lightoom links" in order to create an album to share via website, can I add a photo to that album later without having to re-sync the entire album (which could take a very long time)?  For instance, if I add a photo to the collection used to make the album, will that update the album?  Or is there another way?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Topics

How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lighroom albums to share

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use "Lightoom links" in order to create an album to share via website, can I add a photo to that album later without having to re-sync the entire album (which could take a very long time)?  For instance, if I add a photo to the collection used to make the album, will that update the album?  Or is there another way?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Topics

How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I neglected to specify that I'm using LR Classic, latest version.  Sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about the LR Web system where you Sync Collections to the LR Web system and then Share them with others by sending them a Link to visit the LE Web system?

Or are you asking about some image/photo website like Smug Mug, Flickr or somthing similar?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MPDAEF LATEST
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking about the former--and the answer was posted below. Thanks.
G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It all works in real time. The original 'link' you provide to others doesn't need updating...they will see the change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I hoped to hear. Many thanks for your response.
Gail

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I use "Lightoom links" in order to create an album to share via website, can I add a photo to that album later without having to re-sync the entire album (which could take a very long time)? For instance, if I add a photo to the collection used to make the album, will that update the album? "

Yes, and that's an advantage of it. Any adjustments, changes of metadata like titles or captions, and any photos you add/remove are automatically synced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines