• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighroom classic Version 9 High CPU usages

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i use Lighroom classic Version 9 to edit photos High CPU usages occurs and lightroom runs slow. My PC configuration is Intel core i3-6100, 12 gb Ram, SSD (C), no external graphics card. Now should i upgrade my Processor? Or should i buy a external GPU?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends ...

Your CPU is a rather low performance one and in addition you don't have a dedicated GPU to support.

Which type of files are you working with (raw, source) and what is the resolution of you monitor?

As a basic help: A dedicated GPU mostly helps a lot when you have a high resolution monitor.

The highest performace boost you will get with a much more beefy CPU. You should aim for a i7.

Any particular reason why you are staying on v9 and are not updateing to the latest v10?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with RAW (Sony a7 iii)  photos. My monitor resolution is 1920 X 1080. 

Now, if change my 6th gen 3.7 GHZ core i3 procession for the Ryzen 5-3600 how much it will be effective? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be quite a perfomance boost.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i3-6100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/2617vs3481

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What actions in editing cause the High CPU usage? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines