• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Room 5 won't work on I Mac with Big Sur!

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to inform people who still use older versions of Light Room that if you have Big Sur installed as your OSX on a Mac LR 5 will not be recognised and wont work at all.  Apparently 32bit apps will no longer work with Big Sur, so if you are thinking of upgrading yours Macs OSX and still want to use older versions of LR and PS DONT!

I have found this out the hard way and need to decide to downgrade my OSX to Catalina or purchase another app siilar to LR!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Catalina OS also! It is also 64bit. So that's not the answer.

Upgrade to Version 10.2 with a subscription to the Photography Plan (20GB).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's the problem, I have been using the subscription but cannot continue paying the fee each month. I have the stand alone version and I'm a bit annoyed I can't use it. Adobe just care about the money and aren't interested!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the subscription fee can be a burden for some people, but Adobe have made the business choice to use subscriptions. (And the choice was prompted by USA Tax laws)

For me, I find that a regular fee payment 'spreads the load' instead of paying for major upgrades in full. And Adobe are "interested"- they are providing updates on a regular basis to be compliant with new OS (64bit imposed by Apple!) and new features and functions to improve the software.

Sorry that you may need to look elsewhere.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines