• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Room and Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Catalina from Sierra 10.12.6 on my Mac. Of course, I then discovered my much older version of Lightroom 3.0 and Photoshop CS5 would no longer open. (Infact, I got a message that it would damage my computer to open these programs.) I assumed I could simply upgrade Lightroom and PS and move forward - but found this is not an option. (I should have done my homework on this prior to Catalina.) I am confused now as to what to do to access my photos. If I subscribe to the Adobe Lightroom monthly service will this allow me to access my LR catalog? Or should I just move into a new photo editing program and import all my LR photos. (Not sure returning to Mojave is an option for me.) Suggestions needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I assumed I could simply upgrade Lightroom and PS and move forward - but found this is not an option."

It is an option. Why do you say it is not an option?

"If I subscribe to the Adobe Lightroom monthly service will this allow me to access my LR catalog?"

Yes, Lightroom Classic 10.0 (the current version) can read and upgrade your existing old Lightroom catalog file(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>If I subscribe to the Adobe Lightroom monthly service

If yu do make sure to subscribe to the correct one that includes Lightroom Classic. This is the version that is the logical connection to the Lightroom catalog you were using. What Adobe calls Lightroom and heavily pushes on people on their website is a different program that is basically a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to desktop operating systems and that misses many features such as printing but that stores all images in the cloud instead of on your local disk as the old Lightroom and now Lightroom Classic do. Just making sure you are aware because many people erroneously subscribe to the program that only has the cloud version and then are really confused where all the features they rely on have gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines