Highlighted

Light room CC to Classic

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a new user to Lightroom. I have subscribed to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, ver 3.2.1 which i understand is Lightroom CC

can i change over to Lightroom Classic

which is better ? 

can some one help

Topics

Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Light room CC to Classic

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a new user to Lightroom. I have subscribed to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, ver 3.2.1 which i understand is Lightroom CC

can i change over to Lightroom Classic

which is better ? 

can some one help

Topics

Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajashe

Sorry but asking which is better is like asking which is better: a car or a truck? They are both vehicles but serve different purposes. 

Depending on which Photoshop Plan you purchased you very well may have access to both. When you go into the ACC app, what does it show? Can you access both LR-Desktop, Photoshop, and Lightroom-Classic? If so than you're good to go. If not than you can contact Apple and see how to update/change your plan. 

Meanwhile, please read this: Lightroom cloud ecosystem vs. Lightroom Classic - which do I ...www.lightroomqueen.com › lightroom-c... for more information on the differences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what you subscribed to, you may or may not have access to Lightroom Classic.

If you want to change your subscription so that you have access to Lightroom Classic (in other words, you don't already have it in your current subscription), you can contact Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account.html and change your subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked which is better. The real answer is, that depends. Do you want your images stored on your local computer hard drive with a local catalog, functioning like the "traditional" Lightroom? Or do you want all of your images stored in the cloud with access possible on all devices including your computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc. Lightroom Classic is the "traditional" Lightroom, Lightroom is the version that stores everything in the cloud. Lightroom does not have all the features that Lightroom Classic has, but for those who are really big on sharing images with others it is very popular. Which is better? That depends on what your needs are and what your expectations are.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines