Light room errors while importing videos

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have subscribed to the Lightroom and when I tried importing my pictures and videos, I am getting errors while importing videos. It looks like it is unable to read HEIC or HEVC files from iphone. I am using a Mac and it is my understanding that lightroom can read such files on Macs.

The error message is misleading "Could not move a file to the destination folder because it is  not writable or ther is not enough free space." There is over 1.3 TB of free space on my network drive.

Is there any fix?

Best regards,

Jai

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Light room errors while importing videos

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have subscribed to the Lightroom and when I tried importing my pictures and videos, I am getting errors while importing videos. It looks like it is unable to read HEIC or HEVC files from iphone. I am using a Mac and it is my understanding that lightroom can read such files on Macs.

The error message is misleading "Could not move a file to the destination folder because it is  not writable or ther is not enough free space." There is over 1.3 TB of free space on my network drive.

Is there any fix?

Best regards,

Jai

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jai,

Are you on a Catalina Mac OS? If so, you have to give read/write permissions to Lightroom so that it can copy files onto the system. Mac can definitely import/read HEIC and HEVC files without any issues.

Go to System Settings-> Security & Privacy -> Full Disk Access -> Add Lightroom. Do the same for 'Files and Folders' and 'Accessibility' section.

Regards, Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Thank you! It's such an easy step, but I never thought about it. How would I? Adobe would be greatly advised to let users know by a LrC message what needs to be done in such a situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0