• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightoom to Photoshop Problem (Duplicating Library Locations)

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am having trouble with saving images back to my Lightroom catalogue.

When I am saving images back to Lightroom FROM photoshop, the new photo (PSD or TIFF) is not appearing alongside the original image, in the Lightroom catalogue folder, but instead a duplicated folder in the same director. Displaying twice within the Lightroom catalogue interface (See pic). It is NOT duplicating the file, just the location within the Lightroom catalogue for that particuar file.

Enclosed is a picture to demonstrate what happens when i 'Save' a photo in photoshop, that has just been sent to Photoshop as an 'Edit In...'

Adobe have suggested its a faulty catalogue, however i've created a new catalogue and this has not fixed it.

Greatful for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find an Adobe 'help' document at this link-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html

You must follow the procedure very closely! (modified slightly for your situation)

This method uses a temporary folder/drive location that 'fools' Lightroom and allows you to apply 'update folder location' to merge the apparent duplicate drives back into one.

(Note: there is no way to achieve this by simply dragging folders in the folder panel. It is a problem that has to be fixed correctly.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyoui

Will this work with conventional internal hard drives? As the guide is making reference to external plug in hard drives. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Will this work with conventional internal hard drives?"

TBMK- Yes. Or even a different Drive Partition.

Jim Wilde frequently gave great advice on 'Dulpicate Drive' error- see his answers in this link-

DUPLICATE FOLDER SYNDROME

A similar problem occurs with Duplicate Folders, and a similar method to fix is used. So this may provide a better insight to the Duplicate Drive problem.

Lightroom Queen has a blog site with the quote below:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

"...it can be an external drive, USB stick, memory card. The important thing is that it’s not the drive that has the duplicate folders."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines