• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightrom 6.14 constantly getting crashes when I want to delete any photo from the catalog

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lightrom 6.14 constantly getting crashes when I want to delete any photo from the catalog. The catalog contain ca. 20.000 photos.

I have already looked for damages and optimized the catalog. I have splitted up the catalog into smaller pieces, but still got crashes at some.

I also have tried to open and edit the catalog on another computer without success. Hope somebody got a solution than reimport all photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other people have reported this in 6.14. A solution has not yet been found (as far as I know), and since 6.14 will not have bug fixes, the outlook is not positive on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the feedback. other bugs and the unsupported google maps api force me to leave adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As operating systems continue to change, I suspect this will force more and more Lightroom 6 users to abandon Adobe if they choose not to upgrade to Lightroom Classic. Lightroom 6 is not receiving any support from Adobe and is becoming more obsolete with each software update. It is inevitable that it will eventually become unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, the solution for me was to exported XMP files for each photo and reimport them all.

afterwards i had to group them again into collections. now i got a little bit paranoid (not trusting R anymore) and activated the auto backup after every time i close the program. preparing my move to C1 now…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue.

Thanks for the tips with XMP files, I will try it. But clearly it's not a long period solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally the easiest way to avoid this is to to change the date before Nov 20 when deleting the photo.

Better to change the date to correct date before closing LR, especially if you have auto-save of the catalog at closing.

But what it means is that Adobe developer put somewhere a code line like : If Date > 01/01/21 Then F**k LR 6.14 users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines