Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10.1 IMPORT LOCATION

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to be able to choose and/or see my IMPORT LOCATION when importing photos - it was on the right-side panel during import.

Now I see nothing there in terms of picking or conforming an input location.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

“It turns out that when you do a "nonstandard import" -- i.e. importing images downloaded from an online shared folder -- the familiar destination choices do not appear.”

I'd have to disagree with this, @Johnruexp . If you try to import photos that are on a computer's hard disk or external hard disk, the ADD option is used and there is no Destination choice, by design. You can make the Destination panel appear by clicking on COPY or MOVE in the Import dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Anmytime you have ADD selected, which is to Add images from your Hard drive to the catalog file and Leave them in the folder you put them in, the Destination section is never shown. There is No Need to have the destination section showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source is on the left, destination on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was always my reflexive "map" - check destination folder on right panel before importing.

Now I don't see it, nor can I find an "import destination" choice in preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show us a Screen shot of what you are seeing on your screen when you are in the Import dialog window.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOUND:

It turns out that when you do a "nonstandard import" -- i.e. importing images downloaded from an online shared folder -- the familiar destination choices do not appear. 

I did a "standard" import from my camera's memory card and everything was where I remember it (i.e. I could choose the specific destination for the images).

So, I just have to move "nonstandard imports" after they've been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“It turns out that when you do a "nonstandard import" -- i.e. importing images downloaded from an online shared folder -- the familiar destination choices do not appear.”

I'd have to disagree with this, @Johnruexp . If you try to import photos that are on a computer's hard disk or external hard disk, the ADD option is used and there is no Destination choice, by design. You can make the Destination panel appear by clicking on COPY or MOVE in the Import dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very helpful - - I didn't discriminate between ADD, COPY, or MOVE, and that's why my familair "Destination" option did not appear.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anmytime you have ADD selected, which is to Add images from your Hard drive to the catalog file and Leave them in the folder you put them in, the Destination section is never shown. There is No Need to have the destination section showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines