Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10.1 Performance Problem on OSX Catalina 10.15.7 iMac 27" 5k 2020

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have got a huge performance  problem on the my platform (brand new iMac 27" 5K 2020 / 24 Gb/2Tb SSD/OSX Catalina 10.15.7 + 2nd display on Eizo 2731 and AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 Go).

Lightroom Classic 10.1

Images out of a Canon 5DMK4 (RAW).

The Problem : My machine is going very slow after only 10 minutes of usage (even with 24Gb main memory) , often freeze, the red mask of the brush sometime do not appear...then brutal crash of the machine happened several time since upgrade to this version....(but not every time)

I did not install Big Sur to avoid problems... ;-).......but problems are there anyway...

I tried to disable GPU acceleration last week with no success...same problems...

=> How is this possible ???? : Disabled GPU acceleration in Prefernces but GPU Proc is at 99% after 20 minutes...

I confirm high usage of GPU memory  : 95% (the graphic proc, only 2% ) => iStats numbers... 

I understand that the 5K display is a real pain to display , and in my config I also have a secondary display 27" EIZO (Graphic Arts screen) to run...

Re install of last version of LRc ended the same way...

My previous machine (2 weeks ago) was a 27" 2015 and was running LRC very fine.... I changed it because I wanted to be able to work more quickly.... (what a strange idea...)

Tryed to install "version -1"....same issue ( a little bit less...may be...)

I have no problems with PS....

Question : one of the most impacting issue for me is that the mask ( red, green, etc...) with the brush is not displayed...very difficult then to know where your effect is applied and where it's not....have you ever encountered that pb ? any advice ?

PS : And yes the "Display Mask" option is ticked...   😉

LR has become totally unusable for me...

Working with Photoshop has NONE of these problems...

Huge impact on my work ....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally find a workaround...if not a solution...working fine again...

I am still in 10.0 with GPU disable but now it's wortking as before....ouf....   😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved to Big Sur just 2 days ago. But ive had an issue for the past week. LRC 10.1 was auto installed about a week ago. My issue was when GPU was accessed (AMD RADEON R9 on a 2015 Macbook pro, 15inch retina, Core I7 16mb ram), my macbook would freeze. Zooming in and of images, cropping or straightening would result in a 2-3 second freeze. Issue stopped when GPU acceleration was turned off, but then system was sluggish. 

I uninstalled LRC 10.1, and reinstalled 10, set GPU accelation back on,  and problem has stopped. SO it was an issue with 10.1 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creating a new catalog fixed  the pb for me...( I guess with an old catalog there is some conversion process in background and that create the memory saturation of  thé machine...just my guess...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally not....worked for a whyle but now back to problems...

I downgraded to LR 9.4 and now it's working since 24 hours...cross my fingers...

(apparently the pb is with calibrated monitors and LR 10.x)....

Currently testing others softwares solutions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have what is the same problem. Machine is an iMac Retina 5K, late 2015 ecently updated to Catalina.  In the Develop module, just moving a slider results in a few seconds freeze, the mouse stops dead, and if cropping I get blocks of colour/parts of the image randomly appearing on the image being developed. I want to revert to 10.0 (or earlier) again but can't find it in CC or anywhere else. Any suggestions on where to find it would be gratefully received !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent me a link to download CC again. Mine was presumably out of date for some reason... and wasn't showing the option of downloading old versions (via the three dots to the right).  All is OK for the moment. Btw in my opinion new versions of the Adobe s/w come out way too often. Just keeping up is a hard slog on a slow internet connection. We're not all in Silicon Valley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.1 had to be totaly uninstalled and 10.0 reinstalled.    10.1 should have not been offered until all the bugs were found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issues running Lightroom Classic on a late 213 MacPro with a 12 core processor and 64GB Memory running Catalina 10.15.7.  My LR Catalogues are on the internal SSD.  Lightroom was running very well on 10.0 but upgrades to 10.1 and 10.1.1 made it progessively unstable with freezes and strange artifacts in images. I uninstalled those upgrades and then reinstalled 10.0. There are no longer any issues. The code for the two minor upgrades must have a bug in them. I do not have any problems running Photoshop 2021 22.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines