Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10.2 is extremely slow

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am runing Lightroom 10.2 on 13.3" 2016 Macbook Pro with 3.3 Ghz i7 procesor, 16GB of ram, 1 TB HD with 377 Gb free space. I am shooting with Nikon D850,  45 Megapixel camera.

For the last few days the Lightroom is exptemly slow, pretty much unusable, any click on any menu item causes a spinning ball, I can't do even a simple adjustment like exposure without causing the spinnng ball.  Even scrolling throught he Library module is extremly slow.  I optimized the library and did all the other basic adjsustments that I found on this forum.

Please help me solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been reports that LRC 10.2 is not friendly with RAM. Please try rebooting your computer and let us know if that zips things up or not.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebooted my computer multiple times.  I also just updated to Big Sur 11.3, Clean My Mac shows that I have 8.97 Gb of  Ram free (out of 16). Still running extremly slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those reboots, where the cold or warm, you need to cold boot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Optimizing your Catalog and also purging the Cache?

This is where I'd start.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that. 

My problem was solved by Adobe support.  See my post below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was solved by Adobe support.  See my post below

Sorry, but there's no post below.

It would be very kind if you would post the solution here. It would be very helpful for other users with the same problem. Thank you very much.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some good tips at the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-complete-series-optimizing-lightrooms-speed/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reached out to Adobe support. They logged into my computer and realized that my catalog was corrupt. They created a new Lightroom catalog in the same location where my old catalog was located. They copied the settings from my old catalog and pasted it into the new catalog. I had to step away from my computer so I was not able to see all the steps that were needed to do that. They told me that I can delete my old catalog, I did that and deleted some old Lightroom catalogs back up going back to 2019. I now have a new catalog with all my pictures and adjustments.
I am trying to figure out now the steps that they took to recreate the new catalog. I wish that I could've seen all the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines