• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10.3 Running SLOOOOOOOW on the M1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear God someone please help me find a solution. I purchased the new M1 Macbook Air (base model) because the sales person at Apple (and several Youtube reviews) said it was freaky fast and could handle anything I would throw at it. 

I'm a real estate photograher and I'm just trying to do previous to copy my edits from one photo to the next and it is taking FOREVVVVVVERRRRRR. I want to shoot myself in the face right now. This should not be this hard!

Took that machine into Apple and they said it's a software issue. 

I cannot be sitting in front of the computer for this long. I need these edits to move quickly. At this point, I don't even know what to do. 

Any possible solutions???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic due to the slow performance on your M1 Mac. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you using on the Macbook?

Please ensure that Lightroom Classic has all necessary permissions on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can also try optmizing the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe

Dear @nikunj.m from Adobe, 

please make it offical that LRC 10.3 is buggy and incredible slow on M1 Macs. As you can see here in forum and on Google a lot of people report this issue. 

Before on LRC 10.2 and Rosetta 2 everything was fine. I doubt all users have changed settings during the update so it must be a software bug. 

We pay for the subscription so we also expect offical support and statements to common issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines